Friday, May 15, 2009

Casual Look for Spring and Summer

There are so many reasons to love the transition from fall/winter to spring/summer. One thing I look forward to is swapping heavy jackets and wool sweaters for lighter clothing. There is nothing like feeling free from so many layers. I particularly enjoy wearing what I consider my uniform of the season--a polo, flip flops and jeans with a great belt topped off with cool sunglasses. Check out my five spring/summer must haves for the perfect casual look.

Polo Shirts
It was the French tennis player Rene Lacoste who made the polo shirt one of the most popular wardrobe basics out there. Until 1950 the Lacoste polo was available in only one color - white. Today, every designer has their inerpretation and it comes in many colors from solids to heathered to striped. They are available in a wide variety of fabrics as well. It's a must have for a casual spring or summer look.

Casual Belts

The perfect choice when trying to avoid the formal look of a dressy belt. Casual belts such as this GUESS Etched Brass Plaque Antique Belt look great when paired with sandals or fun sneakers.

Premium Denim jeans for men
We already know that denim is a staple in the American wardrobe, but currently it has become more so than ever. And I realize that with all of the styles and fits out there it can be a little confusing. Here I have highlighted eight of my favorite premium jeans for men. And if your a little more thrifty, check out my list of less expensive jeans for men. So now there's no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment